Tuesday, January 20, 2009

BOB

BOB - Bug Out Bag. Simple. To the point. What is it? Simple survival gear needed for a short duration. Made one for the hubster (and he didn't laugh either - lol). What did I put in it? Hmmm... simple things that might save his life in the event TSHTF. I especially worry with him 4 hours away during the week at Ft. Knox. I have this irrational fear that all heck will break loose and he is down there and for whatever reason he cannot get home within a short period of time ( I envision not being able to drive the truck as usual, has to walk to avoid check points and other crazy thoughts like EMP's) - name it and I thought it! So, I made BOB for him because I love him and want him home alive to go through all this with us.

Okay, sorry I digressed - back to what I put in it:

* Socks - need dry socks.
* Stocking cap - shaved heads get mighty cold out there.
* Bandana - never know.
* Solar blanket.
* Fleece blanket.
* Emergency candles.
* Lighters and matches.
* Plastic bottle - for water (did not want to send bottled water to break in the truck or freeze).
* Coffee filters - to filter water (better than nothing)
* Bleach.
* First aid kit - gauze squares, bandaging rolls, triple antibiotic ointment, scissors, tweezers, alcohol swabs, ace bandage, hand sanitizer and tape.
* MRE's - meals-ready-to-eat.
* granola bars - good energy and easy to eat.
* Toilet paper - yeah, well...
* Cotton balls with vaseline on them - to start fires.
* Ammo - for the bad boy.

Will probably add to it as I think of things, but I threw this together in a hurry and at least he will not be stuck with nothing in a worse-case-scenario. Want my man home and I will do what I can to give him the advantage to get back home to us. I will be making one for my van as well. The one that I made the hubster did not weigh much and would be easy to carry, even for little ole me! I will keep you posted as I think of things!

God Bless and Prep On
Ernie

No comments:

Post a Comment